My new pad in Cville

My new pad in Cville

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

First - a tribute to all the dads out there - Happy Father's Day.  Dads are an important part of a person's life.  For me, it's someone who has taught me so much about patience, hard work, sports, and home remodeling. My dad may very well be the calmest person that I know.  He would do anything for anyone and has such a kind and gentle way about him.  I probably could use a bit more of that.  And also a happy father's day to my friends/family who are celebrating their first father's day.  

So my first week went by very quickly.  Seems strange.  I was sitting here on Saturday looking around the house and wondering what the heck I was doing here.  I spent the day cleaning the house and hanging up some stuff on the walls.  Had a washer and dryer delivered and got that room all squared away.  So really I'm done with this place.  And thanks GOODNESS - there is not a foot of space left for anything else.  I can't even go shopping - there is no room for anything.  Which is semi problematic because I may need to buy a few more casual clothes for work.  All the suits, black pants, and button downs that I have are no good here.  Just cargo capris and a nice tshirt.

I also went back out to the lake today.  I packed a book and a bunch of water and sat out in the 93 degree heat.  I lasted about an hour and a half and went through a half a bottle of sunscreen (thanks to Meg for turning me into a sunscreen freak!).  I got some color, but no burning so I suppose mission accomplished.  I did fail at going to church today.  I did a workout tape in the morning and lost track of time.  There is only one service a day around here and I missed it.  There is always next week or maybe I will go sometime during the week.  I'm sure I will need to register and perhaps write a check.

Today Joe washed his SUV.  He put it into the middle of the road and did it there - I swear it took him two hours.  I was tempted to bring mine over and see if he would do it, but I didn't think he would go for it.  I do feel like he is always watching because every time I go outside he is there.  He's not always doing stuff, but he's just there.  I suppose that's good - heaven forbid someone try to break into my mansion and steal my valuables.  

Now the guy that lives on the right side of me is still a bit of a mystery.  He has two broken cars in his driveway.  The hood is always up on the one and neither of them move.  Ever.  He seems to have friends pick him up and drop him off everyday, but I have not yet figured out what he does. I supposed I could go over there and introduce myself, but part of me really likes being the private Yankee girl who always keeps her blinds closed.  He has a little black lab - felt bad for her today out in the heat. But he does go out and play with her almost everyday.  

So here's today's shots.  The first is of my kids.  They have been entertaining and a lot of company over the past couple of weeks.  There always seems to be a fly or a moth in the house.  In this instance, they were watching a ladybug on the light while I sat in bed reading.
The next are of the kitchen cart I spent two hours putting together Friday night and the complete laundry room.  The red tubs are Christmas decorations.  I wasn't lying when I said I have used every foot of space.

 

Last thing - I apologize for getting behind on my phone calls.  I promise to make some this week.  Thanks for all of the kind words and thoughts.  I miss ya'll!

No comments: