My new pad in Cville

My new pad in Cville

Friday, August 13, 2010

2 in one week!

Don't fall of your chairs!  I'm pretty peppy this morning.  Perhaps it's the convo with my parents last night that perked me up or maybe it is the fact that it is Friday and I only have 2 meetings today - so far :)

So we played with Skype last night. It was pretty entertaining.  I gave my dad a tour of my place.  Good times.  Everyone should download it.

Why on earth are they talking about Lindsey Lohan on the Today show this morning? I hear it in the background in the other room and I have to pause and consider the credibility of US news.  Really?  My goodness.  Sometimes it is nice living in the middle of nowhere and being so far away from all of that.

Instead, I will choose to focus on the upcoming State Fair.  They have every kind of animal you can imagine, including pigeons.  I'm not quite sure what these birds will do at the fair, but I will capture it on camera - whatever it is.  They were talking about all the fried food that will be there - sounds like a death wish.  The most amazing may be the Krispy Creme Cheeseburger.  Yes, you read that right.  Instead of a nice kaiser roll, there will be doughnuts.  Healthy, right?  That's how we roll down here.

Tomorrow I get to pick up my first farm share.  A guy that I work with transferred to North Dakota and gave me his food share.  So every weekend I get to go to the farmers market and pick up a half a basket of veggies. I did something similar last year (City Fresh for all you Clevelanders) and loved it.  It challenged me to cook all kinds of things and it supported the local farmers, mostly Amish.  Plus it was organic and fresh and CHEAP!  Can't beat it.  Win win win situation. :)

they are still talking about Lindsey on the 'news'. 

This weekend I am also going to a managers bowling event.  It is for managers and their families.  There will be food.  No alcohol.  No beer.  Yes, you read that right. I'm sure there are people that bowl without a frosty mug in their hands, however, I would offer that I am not one of those people.  It's like hops flavored soda.  What's the problem?  If it is too family friendly and I start getting looks that imply pity for the old maid with cats, I'm hightailing it out the door.  I have yet to meet anyone over the age of 23 who is not divorced with children.  Some days I feel like I belong in the C'ville version of Ripley's Believe It or Not.  I just made myself laugh :)

Alright, time to go to work.  For my fellow HR gurus - I'll be  mapping out the Workers Comp process and Long Term Accommodation practice for my site.  Then there will be a couple interviews and wrapping up and starting another investigation.  It amazes me the things people say to each other... but we will save that for next weeks blog.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your postings Nic! I agree, Lindsey Lohan should not be "news" - why are we so obsessed with her?? Boggles me....please post pics of the state fair - also do you have a pic of the Krispy Kreme Burger? mmmmmmmm....